Category, product, and listing restrictions
Certain products cannot be listed or sold on Amazon. Some products may not be listed as a matter of compliance with legal or regulatory restrictions (for example, illegal drugs) or per Amazon policy (for example, crime scene photos). For more information and examples, please see Restricted Products and Listings Restrictions.
For some product categories, sellers may not create product listings without prior approval from Amazon. In addition, sellers may be required to obtain additional approval to list certain products in certain categories. See the Categories and products requiring approval page for more information.
Amazon’s policies also prohibit specific types of product content.
Below is a partial list of items considered to be restricted. This list is not complete, and is subject to change without warning.
- Intellectual Property that is not your own.
- Illegal Firearms.
- Federally illegal substances (not including Cannabis related goods – in states where permitted)
- Fireworks or other explosive devices.
- Credit Cards + Gift Cards + or Membership Cards
- Personal and Private Information of individuals (such as Addresses, DOB, Social Security Numbers, Phone Numbers etc)
- Stolen Merchandise
- Steroids or other performance enhancing substances.